Sunday, May 22, 2011

2 weeks later and I finally held her!

Tonight was the best night ever! I went to go see Emily tonight. When I got there the nurse asked me if I have got the chance to handle her at all. I said no. She said " Since she is more stable you can now place your hand on her head with a little pressure. This is kinda like skin to skin but with out the holding. You have to stay like this for a while and you can't pat or rub." I was so excited to do this! Then when the night nurse came on she asked me while she was changing her diaper and bed if I wanted to help. I said sure. She said you can pick her up and hold her while I change her bed. I said umm. She said I can pick her up and place her in your hands. I said ok. So she did. And I GOT TO HOLD HER! It was the best moment yet!

She's had a pretty stable day. She over her birth weight now. She weighs 1lb 7ozs. She's so little! They have given her 3 feeding today so far. And so far she's done good. She is only getting 1ml every 4 hrs. Just to start getting her gut ready. Telling it hey time to do your job. It sounds like she might be getting blood tomorrow, which might mean she stops feeding for 24 hrs.

The nurse told me something neat tonight. There is a study out there that talks about when infants hold there hands and arms in the middle of there chest near their face it helps them read better later on. something I didn't know!

Let's hope she is better tonight. For some reason she doesn't care for nights. :)

2 comments: